Thursday, November 11, 2004

Where Oh Where Do The Days Go?

It's been almost a week since I blogged...where the heck did the week go? I spend many fruitless moments wondering if Time moves faster because I am getting older, or if Time is just moving faster ... is it in my mind or is it real? Well which did come first, the chicken or the egg???

I don't know if I mentioned that some time ago, like 2 months ago, I wrote a Christmas play...the first play I have ever written... Actually, I feel like God gave it to me... but, I showed it to our Pastor, and he decided we could do it for Christmas... The title of the play is "Star of Wonder"... now picture this if you can...

Our church is a baby church...started in February of this year. Our average attendance is between 24 and 32 per week... we are working on getting our own property and a building...at present, we meet in the City Hall Building in a tiny little community called Oak Grove...

The cast of this play involves 14 characters plus extra angels to compose a "host of angels"!

The main scene takes place in an average living room with an average mom and dad and a child, decorating a Christmas Tree. When the child asks about the "Star", the parents take that opportunity to tell her the story of the Birth of Jesus, which involves about 6 different scenes which take place out doors...

Since my son is a broadcaster, the pastor came up with the idea of making this a multimedia production, with my illustrious son filming the Nativity scenes prior to the actual production...

Getting folks to agree to play characters has been like pulling teeth from a chicken! Exactly!!! Chicken don't gots teeth! And its not like we have a large congregation to recruit from...

But I think we have the cast covered now...I made the Pastor do some strong-arming!!! lol He is pretty persuasive when he wants to be...

The Pastor wanted live animals...so we have goats and chickens...and I'm praying for either a horse or a donkey...couldnt find sheep and the chickens come with the goats....now did the Jews do chickens? Mine do...

My main job is costumes right now. Costumes for Joseph, an innkeeper, 4 shepherds, and 3 Wise Men. Last night I did Melchior. I have 2 kings left. and then their crowns...The crowns are critical... Another girl at church is doing Mary, and the Angels....Gabriel, and the host! Thank God...

The pastor's wife is a musician, and is in charge of the music...The Angel Gabriel sings, and the host of Angels sing...

So I guess, betwen costumes, and the Scott Peterson trial, to which I am hooked, the days are tick tick ticking by...lol...wonder what my next project will be...

Thanks for listening, and have a blessed day....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home