Sunday, February 06, 2005

Out in the Desert and Dry as a Bone...

I was thinking about this state of isolation that I'm currently in, and what came to mind was Jesus in the desert. He was isolated out there for forty days and nights, in the company of Satan. I know it had to be hot and dry and dusty. No civilization in sight for miles and miles. No water, no trees, no food...nothing but stark isolation and deprevation as far as the eye could see. And according to the Bible recounts, He spent forty days and nights there. And while He was there, suffering from thirst and hunger, heat, dust, and bugs, loneliness and isolation, there was Satan, slyly offering Him all that He lacked.

The little trip I'm currently on looks like a vacation in comparison, and yet I whine. Once upon a time, someone who knew me fairly well called me a "princess" meaning that I was whiney, and spoiled, and I reacted with great indignance at such an insult...Why, you might ask??? True to the old adage, the truth hurts...

I feel ashamed. I truly have nothing to complain about, all my needs are met, and I am richly blessed. Let me be a grateful, satisfied child rather that a whiney, spoiled, selfish princess.

Again, Lord, Let me want what I have, not have what I want!

a truly twisted sister p.s. thanks for listening!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home