Monday, December 20, 2004

Tomorrow is D-Day, and Here I Sit

The list is endless...wash my clothes, pack them up, clean the house, go through my list of forget-me-nots, take care of the last minute chores, wash my hair, shave my legs, go to the dollar store to get something to carry my hand-made ornaments/Christmas gifts in...Yikes!!!

This is such a bitter-sweet journey for me...I wanna go and I wanna stay!

Isnt that crazy?

My youngest son is coming from Germany and I havent seen him since March.

My middle son and my 9 month old Grandson are there and I havent seen them since March.

The Love of my life, and my best and oldest friend of 35 years are there and I havent seen them since January, and they bought my ticket...

My brother and his wife and my 5 yr. old nephew are there and I havent seen them since January.

All of them are excited that I am coming for Christmas, and here I am, wishing I could stay right here. Its not that I don't love them all, for surely I do, with my whole heart. And part of me is excited to see them all... I just feel guilty for leaving my oldest son here to do Christmas alone, and leaving my sick friend in her time of need.

I mean, its only until the 30th of Dec...

Regardless of my silly inner conflicts, please have a wonderful Christmas and stay safe! Hugs and cheers to all!

a truly twisted sister!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas with your family. Enjoy your trip! Merry Christmas!!

December 20, 2004 at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home