Monday, December 13, 2004

Memories

Its been a while since I have been here, and I apologize to both me and you for my neglect...I hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Today is the anniversary of my Mother's arrival at the Gates of Heaven...December 13, 1993 , she left this earth, and dances with the angels this day. It is with mixed feelings that I write this. It was through the event of her passing that I experienced for the very first time the fact that God's Hand is tender and Loving...the most precious gift I have ever received.

You see, I always thought God was a pretty frightful dude, ever waiting out there for me to be me and screw up, so He could punish me as I rightfully deserved...

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong...and today I rejoice in the Truth, that I, yes, even me, am a "King's Kid"! And I owe the realization of that Truth to my Mother, through her passing.

I am too emotional today to go into the details, but one day I will, and you will see how it all took place. But for this day, I thank my God for Her. I miss her, and yearn to see her, but rejoice that she is where she is. Her suffering was great, but she suffers no more, and I can see her in my mind's eye, dancing with her tamborine to the tune of the angels' song at the Feet of the Father!


3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica "Jack" Smith said...

Hey there, girlie-girl. It's good to hear from you again, although I'm sorry for the day's circumstances. I'm going to ask you something, and I hope you don't think me rude or insensitive...

Does it still hurt as much as it did 10 years ago, these anniversaries and holidays and things? Does it really get better with time, or will it always hurt?

If I'm asking too much, please don't feel obligated to answer... I just really need to know.

Thanks...

December 13, 2004 at 4:50 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Dear Jack,
The old adage that "Time heals" is true. The pain softens over time. that is not to say that it leaves...It is a bit like a knee injury...after time, the pain subsides, altho the scar may remain to remind you of the source, and when it gets cold out side, it may even ache some. But for the most part it certainly does not hurt as it once did. For me, today, the pain is a selfish one...I miss her presence in my life. But in my heart, I know that she is in a better place, where there is no pain or tears, and that is all I could ever want for her.

I pray now, Jack, that the God of Heaven and Earth, the God of Love and Compassion touch the pain in your heart and comfort you, as He has me, in your loss. He is ever true and faithful...Lots of Love to you, a twisted sister

December 13, 2004 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Most humble thanks and I will, indeed, visit your site!

December 13, 2004 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home