Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Get Me Outta This Blue Funk!!

The most useless emotion known to man is self-pity. It serves no purpose, perpetuates whatever problem is behind it, is consuming and entombing, dangerously self-absorbing, blind to all but itself, destroyer of positive emotions that interfere with its ugly impact, obsessive and possessive and compulsive, and extremely sneekey.

I hate to admit it but I am sunk ear-deep in a mire of blue funk, that akin to hungry quick sand, which sharply resembles a dark murcky muddy black pond of guess what...

Please forgive me, but I am going to whine a bit, before I do what it takes to escape this trap that I am in.

There are several things on my whaaa list this morning...

1. My well meaning son is making me quit smoking again. Yes, I went for full 13 weeks smoke free. My son went on FTX for 3 days, and whallla! Three days alone in my own company is enough to drive anyone to drink or smoke!

I am more than a little resentful here that the choice has been removed from me, regardless of the good intentions...today is day #3..gggrrrrrrrrrrr!

2. I am extremely isolated and lonely, which is not a good thing for me. Son reminded me last night that this was not unto death...made me repeat after him...This is not unto death...

3. I curently feel without purpose or direction...before Christmas I had our play, Christmas ornaments, my trip to Florida, which, other that getting to spend time with my grandson, I wish I hadn't made...

OK, now, time for some Gratitude, which is the only way outta the Blue Funk Mire...
1. I am grateful for my sons, that they are healthy and productive individuals in society.
2. I am grateful for my grandson, Logan Blade (Bubbie) who is the sweetest thing this side of heaven.
3. I am grateful that my physical needs are met...I have a roof over my head and food to eat and clothes to keep me warm.
4. I am grateful for my canine companion and shadow, Shadrack, whom I love with all my heart even if he does hump my pillow...
5. I am grateful that I am an American, and have the freedom to worship the God of my choosing without fear for my life.

With that I will close...and set about the business at hand...I really am grateful for this blog too, where I can be me, the real me...Peace, Ya'll!

A truly twisted sister!

2.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home