Saturday, March 12, 2005

"There is no place like home, there is no place like home..."

If I had Dorothy's Ruby Slippers, I'd be clickin' my heels...

And "voila!" I'd be home! And I am! Thank God above!

It has been an action packed week. I flew to Florida to help my middle son and his girlfriend, the mother of my grandson, and their 2 babies pack up and move to Kentucky to a City about 4 hours from me. It was an adventure, to be sure.

At one point, I was driving the 15' Budget truck with their 3-year-old, Stormie, and we missed our I-75 North exit, ending up lost in down town Atlanta...granted, there for awhile it seemed like a nightmarish adventure, but we, Stormie and I, with a little direction from a nice fella in a little E-Bay Consignment Store, made our way back to the correct road and kept on truckin.
I can laugh now but I was storming Heaven at the time...

We arrived and got them moved into a 2nd storie apt about a block from where we were able to park the truck, in the blowin', snowin' ice and mud. The day we left to take me home, I slipped in the mud, feet flying out in front of me and fell flat on my keester in muck. Gymnastics are a bit beyond me at this point in my life and I feel like I have been run over by a Mack. Most painful, however, is my bruised pride. That is why they don't call me Grace...


Now I get to do it all over again in my own castle...My son and I are moving to separate, less costly quarters, and I must pack up the house and take on the moving concept again...I have till April 1 this time tho...anyway, I am glad to be home...I missed my blog...Hope ya'll are safe and well. Thanks for listening! Love to all!
a truly twisted sister!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home