Friday, March 18, 2005

On the Road Again!

It has been over 3 years since I have had my own car. Three years ago this July 2, my middle son got hit by a fella who ran a red light at a major intersection and totaled my vehicle. It was a miracle that my son even survived the crash considering that the guy was travelling at about 55...But for reasons unknown to all, my son, who never would wear a seat belt, had his seat belt on. I was so grateful that my son wasnt killed that the car, even though it wasnt paid for yet, was an incidental. Cars are expendible, sons are not.

In this day and age, it is a serious handicap to be without wheels unless you live in the big city where there are trains, planes and buses...or a tiny town where bicycles suffice or "Ben and Pat" (bend them knees and pat them feet) do the trick. And I have lived in neither.

Two days ago, My dear son purchased tags for me and I am now the proud owner and driver of a fully legal, fully paid for Toyota Tercel that has a brand new engine in it. Brand new brakes, brand new tires, brand new seat covers!

She is a teal green in color and her name is "Sweet_P"...

It is so very easy and natural to take what we have for granted until we lose it... and it couldn't have come at a better time, given that we are moving...

Best part of all is that I only paid $1150 for it...bought it from a guy I know who builds race cars and fixes up cars to sell. He is a guy I trust, and I know he is honest...a real rarity these days...

Anyway, I'm "On the Road Again" and back in business...Thank you, God!

Well, I am off to resume packing...Lord how I hate moving!!! Will I be glad when this is all over!!!

Thanks for listening! Have a good'un!
a truly twisted sister

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home