Tuesday, July 19, 2005

WARNING: TIDE OF TEARS RISING!

News Flash: I am not, I repeat, NOT going to Italy with my son. Reason: with my health problems, the closest hospital to where we would be is 6 hours away, in Germany. The word came down today, and it just hit me that he will be leaving Oct. 10 for three years.

I am so very grateful that he is not being sent to Iraq or Afganistan...In light of that, I guess I am being selfish to be so sad and scared.

I don't have a living clue what I am going to do...stay here, go stay with one of my sisters...

Feeling really lost, sad, and broken right now...sorry, I usually try to keep it positive, but I'm having some trouble wrapping my little fingers around anything right now, let alone something positive.

I need to find an oasis in this damned desert I am wandering in...maybe it wouldnt be so bad if I werent so alone here...

Oh, I know I'm never really alone...God is here with me always...but man o man, there just isnt anything like a pair of open arms to fall into with a shoulder attached to snuggle into.

Well, I have whined enough...thanx for listening and if you think of it, say a little prayer for me...
a truly"Lost-in-the-desert" twisted sister

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, you just can't catch a break with the moving around thing here lately. Everything will all work out, of course it will. But still. I know it must be disappointing.

July 24, 2005 at 4:59 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I've just discovered your blog and want you to know that I pray for you and your soldier son, for peace and clarity in your life and for his safety.

September 24, 2005 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home